SOLVING YOUR CHALLENGES
The Larson Davis SoundAdvisor Sound Level Meter is extremely versatile, performing the functions of several instruments. It puts the combined features of a precision Class 1 sound level meter, environmental noise analyzer, and a real-time frequency analyzer in the palm of your hand or on a network. It expands upon the Larson Davis tradition of delivering value, innovation, and function in a rugged, single-handed, expandable package and is backed by a 2-year factory warranty, 24-hour application support, total customer satisfaction, and accredited factory service/calibration.
Solutions with Your Meter
• Easy Setup and Data Download –
SoundAdvisor offers setup directly on the
meter’s keypad, touchscreen, or via web
interface, plus streamlined export of data to
• ANY LEVEL™ – Never miss a key sound
metric with the ability to view and store multiple
time weightings (Slow, Fast, and Impulse) and
frequency weightings (A, C, and Z)
• Flexibility for Integration – Designed to
allow integration into a larger or customized
solution, SoundAdvisor allows connection of
accessories, internal clock for accurate data
synchronization, and local
Solutions with Your Outdoor Kit
• Data on Demand – Access the meter from
any location to make modifications to the
setup, view current noise levels, and modify
• Instant Alerts – Receive immediate
notification of noise events and use the
recorded sound files to evaluate the cause.
• Long Term Remote Power – Lithium Iron
Phosphate batteries paired with a solar
panel offer a continuous, sustainable means
to keep your measurements running.
• Avoid Trips To the Field – With access
to measurements, event alerts, and
continuous power, you can spend time in the
office, rather than travelling to reach remote
• Cellular, WiFi, or Wired Networking – Select
your network by choosing what to plug into the USB
port. You can choose cellular by using a Sierra
Wireless gateway for mobile or permanent
applications, WiFi for close proximity wireless, and
wired (Ethernet) for permanent locations. A USB hub
can be used to support multiple USB devices.
• Expandable USB Memory – Easily expand the
831C memory by adding a USB memory stick. Data is
written directly to the USB memory so it's always
available and the data is protected if the USB
memory is accidentally removed.
USING THE SOUNDADVISOR
• Web Interface – Control the SoundAdvisor and view data from any device that runs a web browser.
• NTP Time Sync and GPS – Network Time Protocol automatically selects the most accurate
clock from several sources and synchronizes the meter for accurate measurement times.
• External Batteries – Power directly from 12 V batteries for efficient power usage and long run
• Built-In Power Management – Safely power the meter off based upon battery voltage.
Compatible with solar systems.
• ANY LEVEL™ – Measure levels simultaneously.
• Run Modes – Control how and when the SoundAdvisor will operate to best match measurement
conditions. Choices include a manual mode; stop after a predetermined period of time; run
continuously with automatic calibration check and file save; and defined timers.
Supported PC Software
• G4 LD Utility [INCLUDED] – PC software supplied with the SoundAdvisor that supports full sound
level meter control, in-the-field firmware and option upgrades, data export to spreadsheet, and
includes a remote display to view the 831C screen on a PC.
• DNA [OPTIONAL] – The analysis, post-processing, and reporting tool for sound and vibration
measurements. DNA delivers enhanced analysis capability, sound playback, and graphical
reporting. Graphs can be annotated and shared amongst multiple users working with DNA
• Software Development Kit (SDK) [OPTIONAL] – Toolkit for developing custom applications in
Microsoft Windows® or Linux® for the Model 831C
| || |
|Common Firmware Options|| |
When performing noise surveys, it is important to have a fully capable sound level meter at your fingertips to capture all of the essential data. Have you ever lost your measurement notes, or worse, forgotten to log the information properly and then had to either go back and reacquire the data altogether or simply not report it? SoundAdvisor is available with a variety of firmware options to help you achieve your testing goals the first time.
• Octave Band Analysis 831C-OB3 – Simultaneous real-time measurement of 1/1 and 1/3 octave
Leq, Lmax, Lmin along with broadband parametersbroadband parameters.
• Logging 831C-LOG – Select Time History logging periods as short as 2.5 ms to a full 24 hours.
Additional parameters such as battery condition, microphone performance, and meteorological
data (831C-WTHR) can be recorded
• Event Detection and Measurement History 831C-ELA – Define an Event in terms of threshold
level, duration, hysteresis, and continuation period.
• Sound Recording 831C-SR – Record audio files in a raw or compressed format to determine the
source of the noise event
• Direct USB Support for RV50 Gateway 831C-SW – Connect the SoundAdvisor by USB to a
wireless gateway to create a highly portable noise monitor.
| || |